Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scripture and a Snapshot


This scripture is not where I am right now, as much as it pains me to admit it.  I don't have a like-minded love for service, especially where we are sent to serve right now.  I know I need to work on it since I want the church to follow in these verses.  We've just finished up our first fundraiser for camp and it was a lot of work for the husband and I.  I did this work not because I love God, Jesus and their people, but because I did not want us to look bad.  So stop and re-evaluate!  I have been praying that God would change my motives and give me a heart for service.  I pray that our church would see this.  I pray they see how GREAT God is and be moved by God to love to serve as well. So this is my scripture and a snapshot.


2 comments:

  1. What is just as important as your motive is your action. You did serve and helped the community. You acted as a role model. This may have helped someone else take another step in the right direction. Don't forget how God works through you, even on some not-so-good days. :)

    ReplyDelete